Training with Lume Teatro in Brazil


Pescadores: Fisherman in Training
photos by Helder Vasconcelos
In 2005, I traveled with clown colleague Wendy Kinal to Lume Teatro, a theatrical research center near Campinas, SP, Brazil. I returned to the US a different actor. Lume's teaching style is honest and kind, based in physical theater, butoh, and devotion to practice and project. Actors training with Lume gained a strength and freedom I had not seen before.

Our hot Brazilian summer days were spent engaging principles of full-bodied motion,

Land Fishing
collaborative story-making, and sculpting compelling stage images. Our finale was a street theater performance in downtown Campinas, in which I featured in a dance duet as a frustrated fisherman pursuing a crafty fish. I returned the following year, to further release into my creative vitality. Até mais!

Labels:

1 Comments:

At June 9, 2011 at 7:18 AM , Anonymous Poker Texas Holdem said...

It is simply matchless topic

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home