Reviews

The Doormen, San Francisco Fringe Festival 2008: I especially loved the way that experiencing your show created for me a whole new relationship with streets that I had been on many times before; the way your voice projected down the streets and through the hallways of towering buildings; the way the people dining in the restaurant looked up from their plates of spaghetti as we gazed at them over shuffling feet; the way the colors and shapes and stories of the mural became your own; the way I felt like I was in a temporary alternative universe that was simultaneously laid over top of the one I walked to the show through; I love the way passersby stopped and joined our groups for little moments; and the way you jumped quickly to lead us on- keeping me always on the edge of my toes; I loved the way this made me alert like a cat, eager and willing to follow and see what was next to unfold.
- Daphne Saliba, Clown & Ritual Artist

Ghosts and Gravestones Comedy History Tour of Boston: Well, I was completely thrilled just watching you drive up and make your entrance. And, after that you amazed me with your in-the-moment connections with people throughout the evening. Your spontaneity, in an accent other than your native language, was awesome to witness. Improv perfection. So many beautiful moments in words and body.
- Rebecca deGraw, Dance Movement Therapist

Behind the Mask Theater:
Barbara has distinguished herself by her ability to bring an offbeat charm to a variety of mask characters. Her playful physicality and keen understanding of her characters project the penetrating power necessary to harness the potential of the mask.
- Eric Bornstein, Artistic Director, Behind the Mask Theater

Foodplay Educational Theater:
A parent from Ichabod Crane School in New York called this a.m. She raved about your shows there, and passed on that the principal said that in his 30 years in the field, you handled the audience better than anyone else he's ever worked with. Wow! Congratulations!
- Amy Martyn, Foodplay Productions

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home